PE & Sports Premium
The government is providing additional funding of £150 million per annum for academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
A typical primary school will receive about £9,250 annually in the academic years 2013/14 and 2014/15.
This funding should be used to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision.
Schools are free to determine how best to use this funding to improve the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision, including increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
Objectives of spending the PE grant:
- Sustain pupil participation in competitions, interschool sport and events.
- Instil in pupils a love of sport and physical activity.
- Improve resources to support PE, including new table tennis equipment.
- Continue to broaden the sporting opportunity available to pupils including SEN events.
- Support NQT in the teaching and planning of PE.
- 1 SPF Budget 20 21
- SPF Budget 2019 20
- SPF Budget 2015 16
- SPF Budget 2016 17
- Sports Premium Impact 2015 3
- Swimming Key Statistics For School Website